The Check Engine Light Is On.
Troubleshooting Your Check Engine Light
When you take your car or diesel truck into Certified Automotive Repair, you’re going to get the best in customer care and auto maintenance, guaranteed. Our ASE-certified mechanics work quickly to troubleshoot the reason for your Check Engine Light, and come up with the necessary repairs in a free estimate.
- Reading diagnostic trouble codes
- Checking your vehicle information and mileage
- Analyze the data from our code reader
What’s Causing My Check Engine Light?
Check Engine Lights can mean anything from a loose gas cap to a major repair to your engine. You won’t know what’s wrong until you bring in your car to a professional at Certified Automotive Repair. Here are some of the most common explanations for a Check Engine Light:
- Replace your oxygen sensor: If your oxygen sensor isn’t working correctly, it could reduce your fuel economy.
- Replace or tighten your gas cap: Sometimes, a missing or loosened gas cap is all you need to turn off your Check Engine Light.
- Replace your catalytic converter: You need a functioning catalytic converter to pass emissions tests.
- Replace your Mass Airflow Sensor: Could cause damage to your spark plugs
- Replace your spark plugs or wiring: Reduced power or fuel economy, damage to ignition coils